Let's Work Together
My goal is to educate, empower and inspire you to eat well, trust your body, and optimize your health using an anti-diet, Health at Every Size® approach with compassion, warmth, and understanding.
When the wellness world tells you that you cannot have the foods YOU love… I’m telling you YES you can
I work with women who are tired of the neverending battle with diets, food restrictions, detoxes and meal plans, and just want to know how to fit healthy eating into their day without all the stress and drama. My clients want to put an end to cravings, emotional eating, yo-yo dieting, and are finally ready to end the war on food and their bodies.
Instead of conventional approaches that rely on fat shaming, critisicm, restrictions, pre-made shakes, calorie counting, and weigh-ins, I believe in empowering my clients, building self efficacy and self esteem to inspire change. Using a non-judgmental and positive approach helps motivate my clients to make healthy lifestyle choices without the need for food restrictions, cleanses, and expensive supplements.
NOT YOUR TYPICAL NUTRITION PROGRAM…
HOLISTIC NUTRITION – REDEFINED
Holistic nutrition is a back-to-basics, natural and integrative approach to achieve whole body health. Rather than focusing on just one aspect of health, we’ll discuss nutritional habits, emotional state and lifestyle, examine possible root causes of your health concerns, and work together to find easy solutions that fit and feel good!
Together, we’ll come up with a game plan that works for you, implementing more nutrient-dense foods, rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that support optimal hormonal function, digestive health and overall wellbeing.
I believe that holistic nutrition should be cost effective, easy and reasonable to follow, so I’ve decided to adopt a much more forgiving and fuss-free approach to encourage a long lasting positive relationship with food . Many holistic programs recommend cleansing, expensive testing, and strict food rules, but in order to be consistent with my principles and mission, and keep costs down for clients, I have decided not to include them in my programs. This means:
– No cleanses
– No testing
– No diets
– No strict dietary guidelines / removal of foods
I believe in the power of holistic nutrition without the extras!
HEALTH AT EVERY SIZE®
I am a firm believe that weight loss is not inherently a sign of improved health, which is why I’ve adopted a weight-neutral HAES® approach in my practice. A weight neutral approach to health is based on the idea that your health status can’t be determined solely by your weight.
What this means for you:
– There are no weigh-ins
– Clients are not asked to inform me about their weight… ever
– Instead of focusing on weight, we’ll focus on taking charge of factors within your control, including thoughts, emotions and behaviors to improve your health and wellbeing
While weight loss may occur as an outcome of behavioural changes, it’s not the primary goal or marker of success. My goal is to help women of all sizes embrace healthy living without the unecessary pressure to slim down, cultivate a healthy relationship with food and their bodies, feel loved, and worthy of nourishment, ditch food guilt (forever!) while finding real, authentic happiness in the process.
A gentle and compassionate approach that attends to your individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure, may also be effective for the management of many health conditions and concerns including:
– Digestive issues: IBS, constipation, diarrhea
– Hormonal conditions: PCOS, infertility
– Inflammatory conditions: rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
I BELIEVE THAT:
– Food should be delicious and eating for your health should be easy. Nourishment is not about discipline and structure. In fact, nourishment is not limited to food alone. It includes all the ways we feed the many needs we have, and once we start feeding our bodies with love, care and understanding, we an start restoring our health in the most amazing way!
– You can take care of your health using a holistic approach while also celebrating body diversity
– You have the power to transform your entire life once you’re ready to adopt a healthy relationship with food, let go of what socidety deems healthy and toss out false assumptions that drive us to obsess about weight.
– Women who are confident and happy are more likely to make the kinds of decisions that lead to long-term health, as compared to those who begin from a place of self-hate
READY TO LEAVE EMOTIONAL EATING AND YO-YO DIETING BEHIND FOR GOOD?
FREE - DIET FREEDOM BREAKTHROUGH CALL
A complimentary 20 minute call where we can get to know each other, talk about your goals, and discuss diet freedom, wellness at every size, and cultivating a peaceful relationship with food and your body.